You might wonder what it's like for me to watch my daughter go through this. Having the privilege to be by her side day and night, I actually might have more peace than others. I'm able to feel her calmness, watch her progression, and observe the miracles. So how's the family doing? We are happy, hopeful, and at peace. If you were to walk into Ashtyn's PICU room, you would feel a very calm, social vibe of optimism. It is not dark and dreary but rather peaceful and light. I feel joy. How can I not? The hundreds of prayers on her behalf are felt here. Her progression is miraculous. She is doing so remarkably well. Ashtyn's on the ventilator and is needing less and less support. Her life sustaining drug norepinephrine is no longer needed and the epinephrine she needs is getting less and less. She is becoming more and more awake. From time to time she'll open her eyes and look around for a brief moment. Today she tried talking. With a tube down her throat it's impossible to talk so I couldn't interpret what she was trying to say other then the word "mom." I asked her if she was in pain or scared. She shook her head "no". It was cool to see her try to communicate. The rest of the day she slept. Another remarkable thing is that her blood cultures from Tuesday came back negative. Another blood culture was drawn just to be sure but a negative blood culture shows the antibiotics worked at sterilizing her blood and getting rid of the bacteria that was in her system. Everything is amazing about this girl and God is answering prayers. At the rate Ashtyn is going, and without any hiccups, Ashtyn will be out of the PICU and back to the cancer floor within a week (that's just my opinion). So please pray that she will continue the course without any complications. Your love is being felt here at the hospital. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Anniversary
It was 6 years ago today Ashtyn was admitted into the hospital and told she had acute undifferentiated leukemia, the rarest form of leukemi...
-
My friends daughter interviewed Ashtyn for a paper she had to write. I thought I’d share: Questions for Ashtyn: 1. What type of cancer ...
-
Before going home tomorrow, I need to write about our main man in Seattle, Ashtyn’s oncologist Dr. Adam Lamble! Adam is not only brilliant b...
-
The medical field amazes me with how much is understood despite how complicated and intricate the body is. For the last several days someth...
No comments:
Post a Comment