Friday, June 15, 2018
Back In The Saddle Again
We’re back in Seattle again. Every time I say that I hear the song “Back in the saddle again”. Ha ha! I actually do feel we are back in the saddle again. Ashtyn and I feel emotionally and spiritually renewed. We feel more courage, purpose, and trust in our Heavenly Father’s plan. I can’t put a finger on exactly why this added strength is being felt but I’m extremely grateful for it. We were home five days and had some great experiences. There weren’t any big parties or gatherings but rather our time was spent more simply. The week included going to Ethan’s basketball game, being able to talk to our bishop and received priesthood blessings, Sunday extended family dinner, dropped Ethan off at Camp Hobe; an event we were so glad to not miss out on. We had an evening at the pool with my parents, siblings, friend Brittany, Jason, Natalie, and Brad. I went to Primary Children’s Hospital to see my friend Heather and her son Clint who got a BMT in September. Ashtyn took an English Literature test and passed off one of her packets. I got Morgan set up with her first debit card. Our time home seemed like a typical summer week doing what we would have if Ashtyn were receiving chemotherapy in Salt Lake City. I’m grateful for the chance we had to be home and for all the people I was able to chit chat with. Originally I didn’t want to go home and had no expectations. By the end of the week we both felt grounded and strengthened after the highly emotional and volatile past four months. Once settled back in Seattle my friend Holly asked, “How are Ashtyn’s spirits?” The only way I could describe it was, “On point.” One week ago I asked if you would pray for Ashtyn to stay infection free while home, that her nerve pain would stay under control, and that I would smile with relief when she returned to Seattle healthy. She’s healthy, nerve pain is bearable, and we’re relieved and smiling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Anniversary
It was 6 years ago today Ashtyn was admitted into the hospital and told she had acute undifferentiated leukemia, the rarest form of leukemi...
-
My friends daughter interviewed Ashtyn for a paper she had to write. I thought I’d share: Questions for Ashtyn: 1. What type of cancer ...
-
Before going home tomorrow, I need to write about our main man in Seattle, Ashtyn’s oncologist Dr. Adam Lamble! Adam is not only brilliant b...
-
The medical field amazes me with how much is understood despite how complicated and intricate the body is. For the last several days someth...


No comments:
Post a Comment