Wednesday, August 15, 2018
BMT Day 9: VIDEO
This video are clips of today from about 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Notice the improvement of her mental status and her respiratory efforts! Amazing!! I hope you can see the improvements. My post this afternoon mentioned she needed a lumbar puncture to check for viruses, an MRI to check for brain problems, a central line for continuous renal replacement therapy (dialysis), a breathing tube may be needed, and norepinephrine was at the bedside for her dropping blood pressure. Not one of those things ended up happening today. She immediately started getting better the instant I posted on social media what was going on and the need for prayers. What!!!??!! Seriously! Put yourself in the shoes of the intensive care unit, BMT, neurology, and kidney doctors when they were projecting the likelihood that Ashtyn’s health would continue to decline. Plans were in place preparing for the complications they foresaw. By the end of the day her health was in a much better place without needing those medical interventions! What a blessing! The less invasive interventions the better! What we need now is for her kidneys to continue to get better. She is so much more alert tonight than last night. Unbelievable yet totally believable! Prayers are being answered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Anniversary
It was 6 years ago today Ashtyn was admitted into the hospital and told she had acute undifferentiated leukemia, the rarest form of leukemi...
-
My friends daughter interviewed Ashtyn for a paper she had to write. I thought I’d share: Questions for Ashtyn: 1. What type of cancer ...
-
Before going home tomorrow, I need to write about our main man in Seattle, Ashtyn’s oncologist Dr. Adam Lamble! Adam is not only brilliant b...
-
The medical field amazes me with how much is understood despite how complicated and intricate the body is. For the last several days someth...
No comments:
Post a Comment