Friday, August 17, 2018
VIDEO
Bone marrow transplants are hard and hard work. I posted a 4 min 50 sec video to give you a small glimpse. Please pray 1. that her pain will be managed. 2. that her body will gain strength. 3. she will recover from medication toxicity (particularly tacrolimus) 4. potassium levels will stabilize. 5. kidneys will continue to improve. A couple stories: While Ash was in and out of sleep in our quiet hospital room, a housekeeper mopped the floor. I was sitting on the couch and heard the sweetest, “Thank you” from Ashtyn as she received a “You’re welcome” in return. Before going to bed last night Ashtyn seemed to be amazed. “I can’t believe I am able to do this.” My response, “That’s what we’ve been saying. We’re all amazed at what you can do. You are seriously a Rock Star.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Anniversary
It was 6 years ago today Ashtyn was admitted into the hospital and told she had acute undifferentiated leukemia, the rarest form of leukemi...
-
My friends daughter interviewed Ashtyn for a paper she had to write. I thought I’d share: Questions for Ashtyn: 1. What type of cancer ...
-
Before going home tomorrow, I need to write about our main man in Seattle, Ashtyn’s oncologist Dr. Adam Lamble! Adam is not only brilliant b...
-
The medical field amazes me with how much is understood despite how complicated and intricate the body is. For the last several days someth...
No comments:
Post a Comment