BMT Day 49. It is medically official. Ashtyn engrafted today with an absolute neutrophil count of 1020. She did it!!! In 6 1/2 months she got into remission with 0.00% evidence of leukemia for the 3rd time, survived her 3rd bone marrow transplant, and engrafted where the transplanted stem cells found their way to her bone marrow spaces and have started making cells. I am amazed and I am grateful. Now what? A long, involved recovery. The miraculous journey continues as she will face one struggle, one goal, and one feat at a time just like she always has. Currently the struggle is extreme nausea. The goal is to eat needed calories, drink required fluids, and swallow all necessary medications in order to graduate from IV nutrition, IV fluids, and IV medication. As of right now nausea is preventing her from eating and drinking much. It will take time but she’ll get there.
My brother Jason and two sisters Wendy and Alisa flew to Seattle to visit me and Ashtyn over the weekend. We loved having them here. I really enjoy having family and friends sightsee around Seattle, a city I have a tender place in my heart for, and then spend time with us at Seattle Children’s Hospital being around our remarkable fighter and the staff I love. Thank you to everyone for getting us to this point. Please pray for a safe recovery and that Ash will leave the hospital at the right time.
No comments:
Post a Comment