Thursday, September 13, 2018

She Believes

The word I naturally use to describe my kids relationship to one another is “tight”. They are super tight. From the moment each were born, time together was the norm. Seven months ago they were swimming in the Caribbean together unaware that one week later they would find out leukemia was back. One week after hearing that devastating news, Chandler hugged his siblings for the last time for two years and left on an LDS mission to serve people in Florida. Two weeks later Ashtyn and I left to Seattle to fight cancer. Life can definitely change quickly for the bad but can most certainly change quickly for the good. I’m looking forward to life changing quickly for the good where Ashtyn engrafts and we can go home. I’m also looking forward to when my four kids are together again. Until then, I’ll be grateful for this season. Chandler is a total home body... and really doesn’t like hot weather ha ha! I’m grateful for his love, dedication, sacrifice, and unselfishness to be in Florida serving others. I’m grateful for Ashtyn’s courage, faith, and patience to endure all that she does with hope for a healthy life. I’m grateful for Morgan who is staying true to herself where I don’t have to worry if she’s making good choices. I’m grateful for Ethan who, after his surroundings were suddenly without his mom, sister, and brother, he is learning that he too can do hard things. 

This afternoon Ashtyn woke up suddenly, asked for her phone, and wrote this down. “There’s a well known story in the Bible about a sick woman who believed she could be healed just by touching Jesus Christ. (Mark 5:25-34) She struggled with her health for a long twelve years, seeing doctors and doing everything she could to get better. Still, her condition only got worse. I can empathize with her frustration caused by being sick for so long and seeing little to no improvement. The fact that this woman believed there still could be a miracle for her amazes me. Jesus was walking with his disciples on a crowded street when she reached out and lightly touched His clothes. Immediately, she was healed. “Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.” Sometimes I think about this story and wonder when He will make me whole. I have faith. I know a healthy life is possible for me.”

Three years ago. September 2015

7 months ago. February 2018

Goodbye to Chandler for a little while. 2/21/18

Ethan 8/7/2018

Morgan  8/17/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary

It was 6 years ago today Ashtyn was admitted into the hospital and told she had acute undifferentiated leukemia, the rarest form of leukemi...