Wednesday, October 24, 2018

I'm Not Worthy

Ashtyn is such a rockstar and it’s remarkable to watch. I shake my head a lot in amazement and want to raise my hands up like in Wayne’s World and say, “I’m not worthy! I’m not worthy!” She is on BMT Day 78. Everyday there are a handful of issues going on. Yesterday she had a bone density test to determine how her bones were effected from the chemotherapy, radiation, and bone marrow transplant process. She also had a endoscopy and sigmoidoscopy to check for graft verses host disease in her stomach and intestines. Results have not come back yet. The current issue on the forefront of my mind now is the severe numbness she feels from her waist to toes making it impossible to walk and really difficult to stand. I don’t have any answers as to why she had painful pins and needles feet nerve pain several weeks ago that resolved and was soon replaced with numbness that took over both legs. Walking is so important for not only independence and strength but would also help her puzzling decreased lung function. We’ll get to the bottom of it. I hope you all aren’t tired of praying and pleading her cause. There are so many things to pray for. Will you please add “lack of numbness in her legs and feet” to your prayers. We have so much gratitude. Thank you.


Bone density test

Waiting for her scope procedure


Tackling dinner

I agree Russel WIlson



No comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary

It was 6 years ago today Ashtyn was admitted into the hospital and told she had acute undifferentiated leukemia, the rarest form of leukemi...