This is an intensive care resident explaining to Ashtyn that she needed to be moved to the intensive care unit for closer monitoring. At noon she was transferred to the ICU and given a fourth bag of red blood cells plus platelets. At 1:40 p.m. she was taken on a stretcher to the GI procedure room so a scope could be placed in her stomach to try to find where the bleeding is coming from. Three hours later she’s still in the procedure while I sit in her ICU room with Morgan and Ethan. All I know so far is that her stomach was found to have quite a bit of blood in it and the GI doctor is trying to wash out the stomach so she can visualize where the bleeding is coming from. At this point I have not heard whether the location of the bleed has been found or whether they are able to stop the bleeding. Let’s keep praying for Ash.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Anniversary
It was 6 years ago today Ashtyn was admitted into the hospital and told she had acute undifferentiated leukemia, the rarest form of leukemi...
-
My friends daughter interviewed Ashtyn for a paper she had to write. I thought I’d share: Questions for Ashtyn: 1. What type of cancer ...
-
Before going home tomorrow, I need to write about our main man in Seattle, Ashtyn’s oncologist Dr. Adam Lamble! Adam is not only brilliant b...
-
The medical field amazes me with how much is understood despite how complicated and intricate the body is. For the last several days someth...

No comments:
Post a Comment