I have no complaints after Ashtyn’s first full day in the hospital fighting a virus. Yesterday was a calm and pleasant day. Her fever is gone, blood pressure is perfect, oxygen requirements seem to be decreasing, and we got to be around hospital staff who are like family. We will stay a couple more days to make sure her health doesn’t worsen.
There are definite benefits living 15-20 minutes from Primary Children’s Hospital. After school Morgan drove Ethan to the hospital before she went to cheer. Ashtyn got to spend time with her siblings while I read with Ethan and helped him with homework. Jason, their dad, dropped off D.P. Cheesesteaks for dinner. At 9:00 p.m. Ashtyn started watching Ratatouille while I drove Ethan home, tucked him in bed, hugged Morgan goodnight, and took a shower. The movie was over not longer before I returned to the hospital for the night. (Morgan will get Ethan to school in the morning and again drive him to the hospital after school.)
The last couple of weeks Ashtyn and I have definitely felt more weary and run down. We’ve been tired and felt we didn’t have much reserve to handle bumps in the road. It turned out, when facing this stumbling block virus, we had more energy and ability than we thought. The unexpected hospital stay hasn’t been miserable at all. It’s given Ashtyn’s body the support needed to handle the Coronavirus remarkably well. It’s also given us rejuvenating energy we didn’t expect to get. Thank you for your prayers.

No comments:
Post a Comment