Sunday, June 10, 2018

Not Much To Complain About

I don't have any Last Day Of School pictures this year. I do have this picture of Morgan's grades after finishing up her freshman year of high school. I have no idea how she got such good grades. I give our 2017-2018 school year the award for being the Most Unconventional Year Ever! The school year started with Ashtyn still recovering from her second bone marrow transplant which she received six months prior. She got a concussion at school, thought cancer was back, and had tests in October that showed no leukemia. I had been feeling a push and urgency to spend time together traveling so my kids missed a lot of school to go on several family vacations. Chandler received his mission call to Florida and found out one week before leaving that Ashtyn's cancer was back. He left on his mission, 1 1/2 weeks later Ashtyn and I left to Seattle, and Morgan and Ethan stayed home where they flew up several times to visit us. Ashtyn had the LLS campaign, student body officer elections, and is now catching up on high school credits while kicking cancers butt. Morgan did well in school, loved seminary, is involved in cheer, and got her first summer job. Ethan continues to play hockey and is a kid who loves playing with friends and conquering Fortnite. Chandler emails me stuff like, "I love you and I am so grateful for you as a mother. You have gotten me to where I am today and I am so grateful for that." I probably don't complain much because I simply don't have much to complain about. I happen to love my unconventional life and have a lot to be grateful for.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Anniversary

It was 6 years ago today Ashtyn was admitted into the hospital and told she had acute undifferentiated leukemia, the rarest form of leukemi...