This is a picture of a procedure nurse, the nurse practitioner who obtained Ashtyn’s aspirate and biopsy sample, another nurse, and Oncologist Adam Lamble. They are some of the earthly angels rooting for Ashtyn every step of the way.
I’ve been familiar with a scripture that says, we “are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light.” Now at the age of 43, I understand what it feels like to have people bear my burdens that they feel lighter. Fighting cancer is an overwhelming burden. We thought it was tough fighting cancer in years past in Salt Lake City. Being in Seattle and away from home has brought the burden to an even more intense level. In 2013, while at Primary Children’s Hospital with the new diagnosis, I remember feeling prayers surrounding us allowing me to stand. Five years later I am even more attuned, feeling my burdens are being lightened by everyone bearing them for me. How is this possible? I have no idea. All I know is how I feel. I know every single prayer, fast, thought, comment, text, and act of service lifts the weight of worry, stress, and hardship. We feel a portion of the burden being taken from us and placed on others. It’s remarkable. We are all carrying this burden together. It makes the journey so much easier and we couldn’t do it any other way. Thank you for all your prayers and for putting your hearts out there to bear some of our burden. It’s real and it’s literal. On top of that, your prayers have been heard. Ashtyn remains in remission with 0.00% leukemia cells and enough cellularity. She has been cleared to move forward with the bone marrow transplant on July 31st. It’s all miraculous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Anniversary
It was 6 years ago today Ashtyn was admitted into the hospital and told she had acute undifferentiated leukemia, the rarest form of leukemi...
-
My friends daughter interviewed Ashtyn for a paper she had to write. I thought I’d share: Questions for Ashtyn: 1. What type of cancer ...
-
Before going home tomorrow, I need to write about our main man in Seattle, Ashtyn’s oncologist Dr. Adam Lamble! Adam is not only brilliant b...
-
The medical field amazes me with how much is understood despite how complicated and intricate the body is. For the last several days someth...

No comments:
Post a Comment