Preface: As you probably can guess, I’m an open book. Aside from it being my personality, I feel it a waste and purposeless if I suffer or have joy in silence. I learn, grow, and evolve from knowing others journeys so maybe someone can benefit in some way from knowing mine. If I ever error in making someone feel uncomfortable, it’s probably because I share too much. Tonight I need to error on the side of being more vague than I’d like because the experience I had Sunday early morning is one that could be skewed unless we were to speak face to face, and even then I can’t explain impressions very well with words.
Story: Sunday around midnight, my thoughts turned spiritual in nature as I contemplated Ashtyn’s years of suffering and my belief that God is a loving God. I asked if He would compensate by bringing her some unusual light and love that would give her added hope and excitement. My desire for her was that she could receive a reminder that He is still mindful of her. While expressing my thoughts and hopes for her, I had an experience unlike anything I’ve ever had which gave me a perspective I had never considered before. The only way I can explain is by saying, I knew that Ashtyn was being specifically thought of by name. Almost two hours later her nurse Anna came into the room with the most excited look on her face. After 6 weeks, Ashtyn had white blood cells in her peripheral blood count and her absolute neutrophil count was 193! We are excited and hopeful to be on the path leading home and to a full recovery. Thank you for not doubting. Official medical engraftment is when her absolute neutrophil count (the most abundant white blood cell) reaches 500 or greater for two days. She has not engrafted yet but seems to be engrafting and that is something to be grateful and excited about.
The “No Data” results were seen for 6 weeks indicating no white blood cells. Notice the changes on 9/16.

No comments:
Post a Comment